· contributes to the strengthening of the community’s social, economic and international development capabilities
· extends literacy repertoires and the capacity to communicate; strengthens understanding of the nature of language, of culture, and of the processes of communication
· develops intercultural capability, including understanding of and respect for diversity and difference, and an openness to different experiences and perspectives
· develops understanding of how culture shapes and extends learners’ understanding of themselves, their own heritage, values, beliefs, culture and identity
· strengthens intellectual, analytical and reflective capabilities, and enhances creative and critical thinking.
Japanese is offered for students to learn and develop skills, confidence and Japanese language system, focusing on listening and speaking as well as exploring cultural aspects of Japan. Students are provided with activity oriented learning and visible learning to improve their resilience to learn something foreign to them.
Students from Foundation to grade 6 have the opportunity to :
· improve their general knowledge about Japan and Japanese people
· converse with a native speaking teacher
· immerse with Japanese music, arts, cooking and games